Marsh Hill Road, Orange
Luchs was the prime designer for this high profile roadway linking Interstate 95 to Route 1.
The project provided the following improvements:
- horizontal alignment improvements to eliminate a sharp sub-standard curve
- vertical alignment improvements to correct insufficient sight distance
- widening of the roadway to four lanes
- turning lanes at intersections
- traffic signal improvements at two intersections to provide for better traffic flow and reduce air pollution
This project was funded under STP through the South Central Regional Council of Governments (SCRCOG).
Luchs tasks included the design of the following elements:
- roadway alignment plan and profile design
- traffic signal design
- hydraulic analysis
- storm drainage system design
- sanitary sewer and water main design
- streetscape design
- construction staging
- maintenance & protection of traffic
- signing and pavement markings
- preparation of property maps and special provisions
- quantity estimates and cost estimates
Luchs also prepared all permit applications and documentations to obtain Inland Wetland and Watercourses Permit and Stormwater Management Permit and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permit.