Water & Wastewater Management
Water is said to be the world’s most precious renewable resource. Although water appears to be available in abundance, only 3% of the Earth’s water is usable. Here at Luchs and DeCarlo & Doll, our engineers understand the importance of managing this limited resource as it’s being used faster than it can be replenished and will inevitably lead to a water shortage at some point in the future.
On every project involving water resources, we focus on providing our clients with designs, plans and services that maximize water as a sustainable resource while constructing the most efficient and cost-effective treatment and reuse methods for wastewater management. We consider all factors - environmental, economic, ecological, social, and cultural – while also addressing regulatory requirements, meeting capacity demands, and creating wastewater management systems that are easily maintained by the municipality, community or private stakeholders involved.
As the population grows and development of communities continues, contaminants, pollutants and the effects of flooding find their way into our oceans, lakes, rivers and streams. Effective stormwater management is essential to slowing this pollution that compromises our environment, limits our water supply and ultimately compromises our health.
Luchs and DeCarlo & Doll will help you understand how stormwater and wastewater management impacts your entire project. We will manage site evaluations, guide every step of the ever-changing and complex regulatory requirements, manage permitting and more.
Luchs also holds expertise in sewage system management. Many of today’s aging sewage systems are incapable of effectively managing the needs of the current population and Luchs is often called on to study, redesign and develop new sanitary sewer systems, improve and/or extend existing systems, separate sewer and drainage systems, or design other creative, technologically advanced solutions to inadequate systems.
Some of our water & wastewater management services include:
- Best Management Practice (BMP) Development/Analysis
- Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO)
- Discharge Measurement
- Establishing Minimum Flows and Levels
- FEMA Regulatory Compliances and Requirements
- Flood Control Engineering
- Hydraulics / Hydrology
- Infrastructure Master Planning
- NPDES Studies and Permitting
- Regulatory Requirements
- Resource Assessments (NPDES, TMDL / BMAP, FEMA / FIS, MFL)
- Sediment and Erosion Control
- Stormwater Drainage System
- Supply Evaluation and Development
- Urban Drainage Facilities
- Wastewater Infrastructure
- Wastewater Treatment / Recycling
- Water Distribution System Design and Optimization
- Water Infrastructure
- Water Quality & Resource Management
- Water Treatment
- Watershed Modeling and Flood Area Delineation
- Watershed Studies
- Wetlands Delineation and Mitigation