For Robert Grzywacz, AIA, LEEDAP, VP Architectural Studio at DeCarlo & Doll, successful restoration depends on great efforts to create the impression that “nothing has changed.” We take pride in applying our knowledge of historic buildings when preparing architectural drawings to preserve and renovate yesterday’s structures to meet the needs of today’s uses.
The experienced staff of DeCarlo & Doll and Luchs Consulting Engineers can design strict preservation, renovation, adaptive reuse or additions to a historic structure. We will harmonize with the existing style and reuse as many original elements as possible while upgrading efficiency, use and stability to meet the needs of today and beyond.
Our Historic Preservation services include:
- Master Planning
- Preservation Planning
- Historic Structure Reports
- Current Building Conditions Assessments
- Environmental Review & Compliance Consultation
- Record Documentation
- Complete Design & Drawings
- Restoration / Rehabilitation Design
- LEED Certification Coordination
- Vendor Communication
- Construction Documents
- Coordination with Local & State Agencies
- Maintenance Planning