Bass Pro Shops at Steelpointe Harbor, Bridgeport, CT Cost: $68.5M | Project Area: 52 acres
The majority of the planned development at Steelpointe including residences, a marina, a hotel, stores and more, is below Stratford Avenue where problems include long-buried contaminants in the soil, bulkheads along the waterfront in need of repair and land that was deemed too low to build on as it falls in the 100-year floodplain.
- Luchs Consulting Engineers was the Prime Consultant for Bridgeport Landing Development providing full design services for this 52 acre brownfield revitalization project located on Bridgeport Harbor.
- This long awaited project was developed in partnership with the City of Bridgeport, and contains 2,600,000 square foot of mixed coastal, retail, commercial, and residential uses.
- This is a Transit-Oriented Development with integrated access to I-95, State/City roads, nearby rail and bus stations, a marina, pedestrian-friendly streetscapes, new parks, and one of the largest coastal public access walks in Connecticut.
- Reuse of a 52 acre brownfield site.
- The project required total reconstruction of several State/City streets, abandoning City streets, and construction of new streets with utilities.
- Site drainage structures were found to be deteriorated to the point of imminent failure.
- Raising the peninsula to 14 feet above sea level, to avoid serious flooding issues faced by other waterfront areas of Bridgeport.
- The design team worked closely with the City and CT DEEP to greatly improve runoff water quality to coastal waters by eliminating CSOs, retrofitting existing State/City storm drains with water quality Best Management Practices, and incorporating Low Impact Design features.