Beacon Falls Riverwalk, Beacon Falls, CT Cost: $957K | Project Area: 1900 feet
DeCarlo & Doll’s efforts included full professional services from design through construction for the Streetscape Riverwalk Paths, site amenities and streetscape improvements along South Main Street and the Naugatuck River in downtown Beacon Falls. DeCarlo & Doll’s prepared Plans, Specifications and Construction Cost Estimates for the construction of these important projects. Luchs Consulting Engineers provided bid phase services including construction administration and on-site inspection services.
- The Town of Beacon Falls and “Citizen’s for Tomorrow’s Downtown” needed a downtown plan to improve the “Village”.
- DeCarlo & Doll provided full professional services from design through construction with the following Plan/Strategy:
- recommended improved transportation system efficiencies
- reduced transportation related environmental impacts
- reduced costly public infrastructure investments
- enhanced job accessibility to trade centers
- examined development patterns
- encouraged private development
- The Downtown Plan needed to include the creation of a riverfront greenway, streetscape improvements, and the development of Main Street as the central focus point of Beacon Falls.
- Village design standards with Planning & Zoning Regulation were prepared and implemented.
- The Downtown Plan was unanimously accepted and approved at a public hearing held in the Village Center.
- The Town bid and awarded the Infrastructure Project to the lowest qualified bidder and improvements were made within the budget.