Eastside Fire Station, Milford, CT Cost: $3.5M | Project Area: 12,000 SF / 2.25 acres
Consolidation of fire facilities and improved service times led Milford to select a site for this station that was dominated by a steep hillside.
- To provide design, specification and construction administration and observation to consolidate fire facilities and improve service times
- To maintain natural buffers between the station and the flanking residential properties
- Designed a one-story building organized around a four-bay “drive-through” apparatus room
- Placing sleeping rooms in one wing and the kitchen, classroom, office and day room functions in the other
- Hugs the ground and the apparent scale of its 12,00 s.f. footprint was greatly reduced to fit the area