Town Dock, Milford, CT Cost: $1.3M | Project Area: 1,000 LF
Located on a major inlet from Long Island Sound, permitting for the Town Dock and Helwig Street improvements was a major activity. Permits were received from authorities having jurisdiction: ACOE, CT DEEP, CAM as well as local wetlands, planning and zoning and other areas having jurisdiction.
- To provide design, specification, cost estimating and construction administration and observation needed to repair/replace the Town Dock located at the end of High Street
- To repair the existing timber bulkhead and install 550 linear feet of steel sheet piling waterward of the existing bulkhead (within 18”) to maintain coastal access for commercial fishermen
- To construct repairs from the landside
- Provide new access drive, sidewalk and street trees, benches and guiderail
- The completed project repaired a heavily used public facility, providing coastal access for water dependent uses, commercial fishermen, recreational fishermen and the general public
- Provided alternate dock for commercial fishermen