Valley Transit District, Derby, CT Cost: $7.8M | Project Area: 16,000 sf / 1.7 acres
Programming and environmental assessment and organizing site vehicular movement. Combination of a “fuel—wash—park” entry sequence generated the basis of the site design.
- Master plan, building expansion and upgrade for existing administrative, maintenance and garage facility
- 7 acres
- Organizing site vehicular movement
- Future fleet of 20 busses, some larger vehicles than currently handled.
- Turning radius or large wheelbase vehicles –30-passenger 34’ busses
- Full-wash-park entry
- Phased construction keeping existing facility in operation.
- Create a new egress path allowing for a temporary closing of the main entrance.
- Design for the turning radius of large wheelbase vehicles combined with a “fuel—wash—park” entry sequence generated the basis of the site design.